South GOA SIGHTSEEING ITINERARY
TOUR ITINERARY FOR SOUTH GOA TOUR
This tour takes you to the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, WAX WORLD MUSEUM and the Museum of Christian Art. Old Goa used to be one of the five most developed cities in the world when she was the Rome of the East, presiding over the most important world trade route between the East and the West, the South and the South. The Churches of Goa are all that are left and a look at them will give you a good idea of the beautiful Indo-Portuguese architecture that was prevalent during the time of the Portuguese. Indian artisans built these structures and their unmistakable stamp can be seen everywhere one looks.
:: MIRAMAR BEACH :
Located at Panjim, Goa's capital on the banks of the river Mandovi this is a regular spot for people of in and around Panjim. There are very good facilities for children to play here, the highlight being a giant concrete fish. This beach is very close to the venue of International Film Festival of India. The Samadhi of late Dayanand Bandodkar the first Chief Minister of Goa also lies here.
:: DONA PAULA:
This beach close to Panjim is well known for its water scootering facilities. A good view of the Marmagoa harbor can be had from here. This is a very scenic location and a popular venue for film shoots
:: HERITAGE MONUMENTS AT OLD GOA :
Casket containing sacred relics of Saint Francis Xavier
:: BASILICA OF BOM JESUS :
The sacred relics of the patron saint of Goa St. Francis Xavier are kept here. The basilica is one the world heritage monuments and of the seven heritage monuments in Goa.
:: SE CATHEDRAL :
This is the largest cathedral in Asia. The Se cathedral has five bells out of which one is the famous Golden Bell which is one the largest in the world
:: MANGUESHI TEMPLE:
This temple is a must visit for tourists. This temple is more than 400 years old. A highlight of this temple is the multi-storied lamp tower
:: SHANTADURGA TEMPLE ::
Located at Kavlem in Ponda taluka this temple is dedicated to Shantadurga, the godess of peace. It is one of the richest in Goa
:: RIVER CRUISE ::
* This cruise is generally included in the South Goa Tours arranged by the GTDC. This is an hour long cruise which takes guests out on a leisurely sail down the River Mandovi from the jetty in Panaji. Payment to be done directly
Please Note :
- The above rate is for 8 hrs 80kms
- Extra kilometers night charges as applicable.
- Boat Cruise ticket not included. Extra @Rs.300 per person.
- Car Hire service is not provided in South Goa in select hotels .
- Car will be delivered to any resort in South Goa as requested by the guest.
- Kindly note that 5.8% service tax will be applicable on total billing.
- The above fares are not applicable from 20th Dec to 10th Jan.
- Lunch Halt at Spice Garden.
- Rs.500 will be charged extra for Inclusion of Colva , Fish Aquarium and Horror Show Trip.
Points to Remember for your safety:
- Always wear a hat/cap when you are outdoors.
- Sunscreen is a must.
- Carry mineral water; Drink often.
- Refuse plastic carrybags when you go shopping. Take your own carrybag.
- Keep Goa litter free and care for the environment.
- Venture into the sea ONLY if you are a good swimmer, and only at beaches manned by life guards.
- Drinking and swimming is more dangerous than drinking and driving.